A little note on parking at the new farm: We’re sharing space now with Draggin’ Wing Farm, which is a GORGEOUS place, with a challenging parking situation. Please follow the signs to park on the correct side of Stinger Street (DON’T PARK IN FRONT OF THE BLUE HOUSE), or park on Castle Drive or in the Cynthia Mann Elementary School parking lot. Of course, carpooling and bicycling are always encouraged! Here’s a map to Stinger Street, which dead ends into the farm: http://goo.gl/maps/V3yEk
As some of you know, we got some insane press for this event two years ago–we were featured in the NY Times, the Huffington Post, the Tonight Show, Morning Edition on NPR, and a bunch of other outlets…who would have thought this little thing in podunk Boise, Idaho would turn into such a big deal, especially when we weren’t even the ones to think it up!? We were even a question on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire!!! Anyway, with all this press, it’s bound to be jam packed with hotties out here on the farm…so join us!!!! Don’t be shy!!!!
If you want to see more of the previous press, here’s some links: The Radio Story, a version of the print story, and a hilarious op ed about how Weed Dating is probably the “biggest conceptual letdown you’ve ever heard of.”
Weed Dating FAQ
- Q: How much does it cost?
- A: $5. Bring your own cup and fill it up with whatever you like (local beer or yummy well water!) BYO if you want something different.
- Q: How exactly does this work?
- A: Show up by 6:45 pm, ready to weed with an open mind. We’ll give you a number to pin on your shirt, and you’ll get matched up with every available gal or guy in the place…afterward, there will be some solcializin’ time where you can leave notes for the hotties you meet or just hit on them directly! We won’t accept late-comers (it’s too complicated to work you into the rotation).
- Q: I’m LGBTQ. Can I participate?
- A: This is complicated. At first, we opened it to everybody, because we LOVE everybody, but quickly realized it does nobody any good to show up without a clear “who’s-getting’paired’up-with’whom” plan. Sooo, this one’s for hetero folks and bisexuals. We will offer other ones in the future!
- Q: Is there an age requirement/limit?
- A: 21 and over. There’s no upper age limit, and if enough folks show up, we can split off into groups who’d roughly like to meet folks in certain age groups (I.e. 20s and 30s, over 50, whatever, depending on who shows up!). The diversity in ages makes the event less intimidating, because there are obviously matches that aren’t useful for everyone, which makes those weeding sessions a nice break–you don’t have to be constantly on your game! Plus, you get to meet new friends of diverse ages and backgrounds!
- Q: Weed dating? You mean, like marijuana?
- A: No, like actual weeding. Get your head out of the gutter.
- Q: I’m shy. Am I gonna have to come clean and say I’m interested in somebody in order to participate?
- A: Nope. You will have to make a move if you want to get some lovin’, but you don’t have to do it en vivo…just leave them a note in their jar!
- Q: There’s a video, huh? Does that mean you’ll be videotaping us?
- A: Nope, no video. This was made for the inaugural year to celebrate the Year of Idaho Food. It’s just us this time. And possibly some press, who will have to get your permission if they want to include a photo or interview of you. You can tell them to shove it if you want.