2019 Garden-in-a-Box Shares are sold out! Thanks for your support in this new endeavor…and be sure to sign up early to get your slot next year! We’ll open our slots again January 1st, 2020…
Announcing our new-for-2019 Garden In A Box!
Yep, since Casey’s on a hiatus and can’t grow you food all summer for the next couple of years, we’re making it easy for you to grow your own! Kendra just so happens to be a square-foot gardener, so as she steps in to temporarily fill Casey’s shoes, she’s hooked us up with an awesome alternative to the all-season CSA! And it’s right up our alley! CSAer Frank’s been saying for years that pretty soon I’ll have y’all doing all the farm work too, and with this new offering, we’re getting one step closer to that being a reality….
Spring Veggie Box – $55 – Sold out!
This kit fills a 4′ x 4′ veggie box to the absolute brim with a selection of spring-sown vegetables. Look at all you can grow in that little area!
Spring Veggie Box Pickup Date: Wed, March 27th, 4-6:30pm.
Includes 6 packets of seeds and 12 plant starts of the following beloved spring veggies, along with a detailed planting plan:
Summer Veggie Box – $55
This kit plants a 4′ x 4′ veggie box with an insane variety of beloved summer favorites, along with a detailed planting plan.
Summer Veggie Box Pickup Date: Wed. May 15th 4-6:30pm
Includes 1 packet of Magic Bean Mix seeds along with 19 vegetable starts of the following varieties:
- Pepper Corni di Torno (sweet)
- Pepper Bell
- Yellow Crookneck Squash
- Tomatoes (4, including 1 each of our favorite slicer, cherry, roma, and oddball)
Spring + Summer Special – Sold Out!
You’ll be eating damn near as well as you would with the CSA!
Now that your mouth is watering, here are the last few details/FAQs:
- These kits assume you already have a veggie box filled with good garden soil. We recommend North End Organic Nursery for a good soil mixture for veggie boxes, as well as for organic amendments to said soil.
- If you wanted to stretch the kits out into a larger area (say, 4′ x 6′ or 4′ x 8′), simply put more space between plants. They will easily fill twice the space if you space the plants farther apart. Kendra’s directions provide guidance on how to space your planting to fill a larger space if you desire.
- Pickups for spring and summer gardens-in-a-box will function like normal CSA pickups. We’ll have your plants and seeds ready to go and you can show up during the pickup time and collect your goodies. You can grab them and go, or linger with us over a beer or other beverage of your choice and catch up after a long winter. This is our chance to chat with you, so plan to stay for a few minutes if your schedule allows!
- Yes, CSAers who don’t want to grow their own but miss the CSA pickups and just want to come and visit are MORE THAN WELCOME to do that! Come say hi at pickup if you’re around!
- Deadline for Spring and Summer Garden-in-a-Box orders is February 15th. All payments for them are due at the time of order.
- Boise residents can also request delivery of your “Garden-in-a-Box” shares for an additional $10.
The Happy Homesteader! – $400 – Sold out!
Grow your own all summer with the spring & summer garden boxes, and then pick up a selection of fall veggies from us with a Fall CSA Share! This is a great way to support the farm and to eat locally all year!
*All CSA pickups are at Earthly Delights Farm off Hill Road: 5298 Stinger St. (one block west of the Hill Rd/Castle Dr intersection)
Though the spring box is sold out, you can still reserve a summer one, and you can also snag some fall veggies through our Fall CSA to keep you well-fed long after your summer garden has succumbed to frost !
You can also reserve your garden-in-a-box kit by sending a check along with your name, email address, and phone number to:
Earthly Delights Farm, 2609 N. Arthur St Boise, ID 83703 (note this is our mailing address, not our physical address for CSA pickups….).