Announcing our dialed-in 2020 Garden In A Box!
Yep, since Casey’s on a hiatus and can’t grow you food all summer this year, we’re making it easy for you to grow your own! Kendra just so happens to be a square-foot gardener, so as she steps in to temporarily fill Casey’s shoes, she’s hooked us up with an awesome alternative to the all-season CSA! And it’s right up our alley! CSAer Frank’s been saying for years that pretty soon I’ll have y’all doing all the farm work too, and with this new offering, we’re getting one step closer to that being a reality….
Spring Veggie Box – SOLD OUT!!
This kit fills a 4′ x 4′ veggie box to the absolute brim with a selection of spring-sown vegetables. Look at all you can grow in that little area!
Spring Veggie Box Pickup Date: Wed, April 1st, 4-6:30pm.
Includes 3 packets of seeds and 36 wee plant starts of the following beloved spring veggies, along with a detailed planting plan:
- Pac Choi / Bok Choy
Summer Veggie Box – SOLD OUT!!
This kit plants a 4′ x 4′ veggie box with an insane variety of beloved summer favorites, along with a detailed planting plan.
Summer Veggie Box Pickup Date: Wed. May 13th 4-6:30pm
Includes 1 packet of Magic Bean Mix seeds along with 19 big, beautiful vegetable starts of the following varieties:
- Pepper Corni di Torno (sweet)
- Pepper Bell
- Tomatoes (4, including 1 each of our favorite slicer, cherry, roma, and oddball)
Spring + Summer Special – SOLD OUT
You’ll be eating damn near as well as you would with the CSA!
Now that your mouth is watering, here are the last few details/FAQs:
- These kits assume you already have a veggie box filled with good garden soil. We recommend North End Organic Nursery for a good soil mixture for veggie boxes, as well as for organic amendments to said soil.
- If you wanted to stretch the kits out into a larger area (say, 4′ x 6′ or 4′ x 8′), simply put more space between plants. They will easily fill twice the space if you space the plants farther apart. Kendra’s directions provide guidance on how to space your planting to fill a larger space if you desire.
- Pickups for spring and summer gardens-in-a-box will function like normal CSA pickups. We’ll have your plants and seeds ready to go and you can show up during the pickup time and collect your goodies. You can grab them and go, or linger with us over a beer or other beverage of your choice and catch up after a long winter. This is our chance to chat with you, so plan to stay for a few minutes if your schedule allows!
The Happy Homesteader! – SOLD OUT (Fall CSA share still available)
Grow your own all summer with the spring & summer garden boxes, and then pick up a selection of fall veggies from us with a Fall CSA Share! This is a great way to support the farm and to eat locally all year! Plus, you save $35 over the price of individual shares! What a bargain!
*All CSA pickups are at Earthly Delights Farm off Hill Road: 5298 Stinger St. (one block west of the Hill Rd/Castle Dr intersection)
We’ve arrived in the new millennium at last! You can pay for your share right freaking now with this nifty button, which will whisk you away to the paypal website to finish up!
However, **If this link below just takes you to regular ole paypal, you can send a payment to email@example.com and put what you’re signing up for in the “notes” section. It seems to be working on and off…Sorry about that! We’re farmers, not computer programmers!
Or you can send a good old fashioned check along with your name, address, phone number, and email to: Earthly Delights Farm PO BOX 8774 Boise, ID 83703. Thank you!